CTHG PREPAREDNESS STATEMENT – COVID-19 AND WORK PROCEDURES
We continue to monitor the progression of the outbreak of Covid-19 and related Government response levels. Our principal focus is the welfare of our employees at the same time as balancing the need to maintain our supply chains and manage disruption to our distribution and manufacturing operations and the impact on everyday life.
CTHG comprises a diverse group of businesses with multiple site operations across the UK and this diversity is a significant strength which allows us to react to and mitigate the risk of spread of the virus on our business operations.
All of our sites remain open and are strictly following Government guidelines on how to mitigate the risks of transmission of Covid-19. In addition to following these guidelines the Group has placed stringent restrictions on travel, meetings, visitors to site together with an increased focus, where people can work effectively from home, on home working.
Teams have been established within each operating entity to provide appropriate contingency planning and the senior leadership team are ensuring we have consistency of approach across our Group operations.
In terms of returning to work safely we are following relevant Government Guideline, specifically:
- We have undertaken COVID-19 risk assessments and shared the results with our employees.
- We have enhanced cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance.
- We have taken all reasonable steps where appropriate to help people work from home.
- We have and are taking all reasonable steps to maintain a 2 metre distance in the workplace.
- Where people cannot be 2 metres apart, we are taking steps to manage any transmission risk.
As a diverse Group of businesses, we carry strategic level of stock to service customers and during this time we are committed to keeping these stocks at the maximum levels feasible.
Although we believe the actions, we have put in place are appropriate, they are under constant review and we will continue to monitor things in line with Government recommendations.
Consolidated Timber Holdings Group Limited
Dated November 2020